Sunday, June 24, 2012

Moving Date Set

So the date is July 19th. That will be our final walkthrough for our tiny apartment. The place we once called home. Right now I am trying to get everything in order, everything from utility shutoff to getting rid of any junk we have laying around. It is amazing how you don't know how much junk you have until you move! I totally forgot I had so many formal dresses from high school that I will never wear again. I also have quite a few books sitting on my bookshelves, and I like to hoard mementos. I think I will sit down with them and create decorated boxes for each thing. Possibly for each year.

The main thing I am struggling with right now is the bittersweet feeling of relief and the loss of some independence. My parents will not be charging me rent, they just asked that I repay the money I owe them and help out with chores and cooking. They also would like some benefits from my Costco card, which was one of my selling points. Everyone loves a discount. Now instead of coming and going as I please, I am going to have someone to answer to. I will have to get used to having five other people in my home instead of just one. The bright side of this is that I will finally get out of my debt black hole and save up a nice chunk to move out the right way. With all the furniture and decorations and bathroom items. When we moved here, I was 21 and my boyfriend was 20. The only thing we were prepared for was the kitchen. We had all of our place settings, mugs, glasses, cups. We bought a microwave and blender, but as far as everything else, we already had everything. Which reminds me, I don't know what we are going to do with the microwave and blender. Hmmm... Now we have to figure out where everything will go. Neither of our parents have room for storage.


I am not thrilled about there being no Starbucks in our hometown! I can drive two miles in any direction from our apartment and find a Starbucks. I have become quite spoiled with it.

Most of all I am going to miss waking up to the smell of breakfast being made and being brought to me in bed. And the night runs for milkshakes. And knowing I don't have to drive 45 minutes away to see one of the most important people in my life. But 7 minutes is a lot easier to get used to. :) And it will be again, eventually, when we are back on our feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment